Potatoes are everyone’s favorite snack. Be it chips or crisps, we all enjoy potatoes in whatever way they’ve been prepared.
Here are five simple ways you can make potato snacks for your family and loved ones;
- Fried potatoes
This is the easiest one. Bet everyone knows how to prepare them.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them in your preferred shape and size
- Wash them in cold water to prevent them from sticking together when frying.
- Soak in salt, water and vinegar for 10-15 minutes to add flavor and make them crispy (optional)
- Drain them and add food color (optional)
- Deep fry in hot oil until they start browning and forming a crispy coating
- Remove from the frying pan and drain excess oil on a paper towel
- Garnish with dhania
- Serve with your preferred drink and sauce
- Spicy Fried Potatoes
Of all the potatoes I’ve ever had, this is my favorite and I’m glad this is a self taught recipe. We have the recipe on my YouTube channel, check it down below and check the full recipe here. You can use either sweet or Irish potatoes according to your preference.
- Sautéed Potatoes
This can be prepared in two different ways. You could boil them first and you could sauté them straight away. I’ve tried both and boiling first ensures your spices and dhania are well incorporated into the potatoes while you’re sautéing compared to sautéing them straight away.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into your preferred shapes and sizes. Usually cubed to ensure they cook faster and evenly.
- Rinse and drain them well
- Put them in a sufuria/sauce pan. Add some salt and water. Cover and let them cook on medium heat.
- Use a fork to check if they’re cooked. Don’t let them overcook.
- Drain the excess water once they’re done cooking.
- On a heated pan, add about 2tbsps of oil.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for about 5minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add your preferred spices and dhania
- Sauté for another 2 minutes
- Remove from the pan and drain excess oil on a paper towel
- Serve with preferred dip and drink
- American Potatoes
These are perfect for breakfast and you only need vegetable salad and you’ll be full the whole entire day!!
- Wash and rinse the potatoes (with the skin)
- Slice them into halves and rinse again and drain to get rid of starch and prevent them from sticking together when roasting.
- Add turmeric, salt and oil and mix well
- On a well greased baking sheet pour the potatoes and bake for 25-30 minutes at 220 degrees. (add more time if you want then crunchier )
- Serve with preferred sauce and drink
- Fried Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are best for breakfast. But once you fry them, you can snack on them whenever. You can use the same recipe for bananas and arrowroots.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into desired shape and sizes
- In a sufuria, add the potatoes, salt and water slightly above the potatoes content. Cover
- Cook on medium heat and use a fork to check when they’re ready
- Drain excess water
- In hot oil, deep fry the potatoes until they form a light brown coating and become crispy.
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel. Garnish with dhania
- Serve with preferred beverage and sauce
All these meals can be easily prepared at home. Alternatively, you could book us for catering services at super affordable rates.
FOR BOOKINGS AND INQUIRIES
PHOTO CREDITS: @BLMStudio
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge