Butternut chapatis are not only soft but also tasty. However preparing the dough is such a quick sport as it’s too soft to work with but it’s all worth it as they are delicious!
Here’s a quick recipe;
- ½ kg all purpose flour
- 2 small carrots
- 5 tbsp sugar
- A bunch of dania
- A pinch of salt
- ½ butternut
- 350ml warm water
- Cooking oil
- Peel and chop the butternut into smaller pieces.
- Add water and salt and boil on low heat.
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the dania.
- Mash the butternut until smooth to easily incorporate in the dough.
- In a jar with warm water, add sugar and salt and mix. Add butter/margarine. Mix
- In a bowl with flour, add carrots and dania. Mix.
- Add water little by little as you mix until the dough forms.
- Add the butternut and incorporate it into the mixture until the dough is smooth and non-sticky.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes before you start working on it.
- Cut out into tiny balls, roll them out and apply vegetable oil.
- Roll out the patties in desirable shapes and sizes.
- Fry them using cowboy for better color and flavor.
Watch the video down below for precision 🙂
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge