Drop scones are best for breakfast and for snacking on during the day.
Not only are they delicious, but also easy to make.
Here’s a quick simple recipe;
- 1kg of all purpose flour
- 250g sugar
- 125g margarine
- 500ml milk
- 2 egg
- 3tbsp baking powder
- 2tbsp cinnamon
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add milk gradually as you mix to obtain a thick consistency.
- Beat the eggs one at a time into the batter and mix until you obtain a thick runny and dropping consistency as that of a pancake mix.
- On a heated non-stick pan, add oil for shallow frying.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter one at a time. Let them cook on each side for about one minute on low heat or flip once they’re golden brown.
- Serve warm with tea or purée.
Watch the video down below for precision 🙂
Connect with Johnsons: