Imera is a banana dish made from almost ripe bananas. Considered as luhya matoke.
It’s made using minimal ingredients and it one of the most delicious banana dishes.
Here’s a simple recipe:
- 8 hands of almost ripe bananas (peeled)
- 2 medium sized carrots (grated)
- A bunch of dhania (finely chopped)
- 100ml margarine/blue band
- 1000ml-1200ml water
- 2tbsp salt
- Peel and wash the bananas.
- Put the bananas in a saucepan. Add salt and water. Cover and cook on low to medium heat until the bananas are soft and well cooked. Use a fork to check if they’re soft and cooked.
- Once cooked, drain excess water.
- Add blue band, mash and ensure no huge chunks
- Add dhania and carrots, mix and mash some more
- Serve when hot with beef or chicken stew and your preferred vegetables or salads.
Do share pictures with me when you try out this recipe 🙂
FOR BOOKINGS AND INQUIRIES
PHOTO CREDITS: @BLMStudio
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge