Mkate wa tandoori also known as naan bread is a Swahili breakfast snack. Two of these can make you full for the whole day.
This is my modified recipe drawing inspiration from Mamake Bobo Jikono.
They’re very many recipes to making it but here is my modified simple recipe:
- 1/2kg All purpose/Self raisin flour
- 2 tbsp of raspberry essence
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of yeast
- 2 tbsp melted margarine/butter
- 250ml milk
- An egg
- In a bowl, add sugar, salt and yeast to the flour and mix.
- Add melted margarine/ butter and mix well
- Add strawberry essence to the milk. Mix
- Add the raw egg. Mix
- Add milk little by little as you make the dough as that of chapatti and ensure its soft and non stick.
- Knead the dough and let it relax for at least an hour1hr
- Make/cut into smaller balls
- Roll into desired shapes and sizes
- In a heated non-stick pan, put the patties one at a time. They cook perfectly with or without usage of margarine.
- Let it cook until brown before turning to the other side.
Serve with your favorite stew or drink.
Watch the video down below for precision 🙂
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge