Marinating is soaking food in seasoned liquid/sauce before cooking. Frequently used liquids include; soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, mala, wine, oil or water. Spices are used in marinating to add flavor to the food.
Marinating not only adds taste and flavor but also tenderizes food.
I never used to marinate bony fish until a friend recommended and I’ve never looked back. You should definitely consider marinating your bony fish as well J
Only four simple ingredients are needed to marinate fish.
Here’s a simple recipe:
- 2 medium sized fish
- 80ml – 100ml soy sauce (dark)
- 2tbsp garlic paste
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Using a brush, dip it in the mixture and brush the fish both sides making sure the marinade has covered the fish fully.
- Cover the fish using a cling film to ensure flavors are infused in the fish.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes
- Stew or roast
We have a simple coconut fish recipe on our website. Click here to view.
Do share pictures with me when you try out this recipe 🙂
FOR BOOKINGS AND INQUIRIES
PHOTO CREDITS: @BLMStudio
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge