I really envy how the roadside vendors roast their peanuts using a jiko and they never burn. If anything, they’re the tastiest peanuts. Way better than the packaged ones sold in the supermarkets.
I’ve had my fair share of making burnt terrible peanuts but it’s until I discovered the microwave can roast and produce crunchy tasty peanuts.
Here’s a simple recipe;
- 500g peanuts
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash and drain the peanuts.
- Add salt and mix.
- Put the peanuts on the glass plate of the microwave.
- Put in the microwave and roast for 10 minutes in sequence of 2 minutes, 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- After every stop, turn them using your fingers or spoon.
- After the 10 minutes, allow them to cool for 15-20 minutes. This makes them crunchy.
- Serve with preferred beverage.
Do share pictures with me when you try out this recipe 🙂
FOR BOOKINGS AND INQUIRIES
PHOTO CREDITS: @BLMStudio
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge