- 2 medium sized fish
- 2 medium sized red onions
- 125ml of coconut milk
- 4 buds of minced garlic
- 1tbsp of ginger paste
- A bunch of dhania finely chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot (grated)
- 1 medium sized bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1tsp cardamom
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1tbsp vinegar (white)
- 1tbsp royco
- 4tbsp tomato puree
- Half a cup of water
- 1 serving spoon vegetable oil
- On a heated sufuria/cooking pot, add oil.
- Add onions and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the garlic & ginger paste. Sauté for another minute.
- Add finely chopped dhania stalks for flavorful purposes. Sauté for another minute. Tip from Kaluhi’s Kitchen
- Add tomato puree, carrots and bell pepper. Carrots act as a sweetener and make the soup thick.
- Add all your preferred spices and salt to taste. Cover and let it simmer for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add royco into the water and stir. Add the mixture in the cooking pot/sauce pan.
- Add vinegar. Cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add coconut milk. Cover and let it simmer for another 5 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Add the fish and make sure it’s we’ll covers with the soup. Use a serving spoon to scoop soup and cover the fish.
- Cover and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with dhania leaves. Serve with Ugali or rice.
Cook away 🙂
Connect with Madonna:
YouTube: Shann Madge