Making tomato soup can be demeaning as it seems so easy yet so hard. I’ve tried a couple of recipes but they weren’t working for me. I had to come up with an easy one which can be used by almost everyone.
For 2 servings
- 1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 2 large tomatoes (grated)
- 50g tomato paste
- A bunch of dhania (finely chopped)
- 3 squeezes of tomato sauce
- 1tsp white vinegar
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp mixed spices
- 2 beef 1royco cubes
- 1 serving spoon veg oil
- 350ml water
Method of preparation
- On a heated cooking pot, add oil.
- Add onions. Let them cook for a minute.
- Add garlic paste. Sautee for another minute.
- Add dhania stalks. Sautee for a minute or until the onions & garlic start browning. At this point, there’s a sweet aroma that’s irresistible!
- Add grated tomatoes. Cover & let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt, vinegar & all the spices. Cover & cook for 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add water & cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the soup has thickened.
- Sprinkle dhania leaves. Switch off the source of heat.
- Allow the soup to cool for 5-10 minutes before blending. This is to avoid burns & minor accidents in the kitchen.
- Once it has cooled, pour in a blender, and cover the head of the blender with a kitchen towel to avoid spillage & unnecessary accidents. Blend until smooth/fine.
- Serve with rice or naan bread.
In case you try this recipe, please tag us on Instagram; @sharon_madonna